The Sassafras Skirt features layers of ruffles topped off with an asymmetrical over skirt with a ruchey edge. Designed for fun, comfort and to look great layered under a tank or tee, it has a fitted elastic waist and small yoke for tops to fit nicely on top of. It also features a perfect spot to show off a great button, a bow or nothing at all. It’s your skirt…have fun with it!
Most of this skirt can be cut from recycled tees! However, it can also be made from your favortie stretch knit
fabric off the bolt.
Recommended fabrics: Recycled T-Shirts, Interlock, Jersey, Cotton/Lycra Jersey or Stretch Velour/Velvet
58/60” stretch knit ONLY
You will also need:
- sharp scissors & quilting ruler
- Rotary cutter & mat (HIGHLY Recommended)
- matching polyester thread
- ball point or stretch needle
- 3/4” non roll elastic
- Optional buttons, or other embellishments